A New Kind of Accounting Firm
Introducing a new kind of accounting firm, 20 years in the making.
- We strive to maintain a healthy work-life balance that prioritizes family more than working excessive hours.
- We hire single moms to staff our woman-owned business.
- We make it easy for you to turn in your documents via a new, accessible online portal (with phone app!) and after-hours drop box.
- We’re not too cool for school, and complete continuing education every year.
- When others raise their eyebrows at client spending habits, we keep our eyebrows to ourselves.
- And, when lots of companies claim to be a family, we actually practice what we preach. We break bread together, give each other rides, and pitch in when someone needs help — especially when that someone is a client.
This is Personal Financial Services, serving Bloomington, IN and beyond.
MEET OUR TEAM:
Elizabeth Ruh (she/her)
Enrolled Agent and President
Elizabeth is a Bloomington native, dedicated community volunteer, and the founder of Personal Financial Services. She has more than 20 years of experience as an accountant and is an IRS Enrolled Agent — a federal designation she requires every preparer on the Tax Services team to meet as well. Elizabeth loves running her business by example: as a single mom, she encourages a healthy work-life balance among the staff; as a business owner, she makes her own company flexible with and accessible to others; and as a community steward, she’s committed to making her business inclusive of those with unique needs. With a strong team behind her, Elizabeth and Personal Financial Services are on a mission to make it possible for both her clients and her staff to improve their financial quality of life and reach their goals
Walk into our Bloomington office or call our phone line, and you already know Kristin. She joined the team in 2017 with experience in both accounting and serving the elderly and disabled communities. It’s hard to feel stressed around Kristin — she brings a thoughtful touch and lively energy to our front office.
Tax Coordinator/Executive Assistant
You might recognize this Bloomington native from when he worked at his grandparents’ Vance music store downtown. At PFS, Justin handles client relations, file organization, and tracking down documents to get your taxes ready to prepare. As our only full-time male staff member, Justin has the emotional intelligence necessary to hold his own in the office.
We are hiring:
Guardianship Client Care Assistant